Travel company Thomas Cook has resumed selling holidays in Tunisia to Britons for the first time since the attack at a resort in Sousse in 2015.
Trips will resume in February 2018, after the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) eased its travel advice.
The FCO previously advised avoiding all but essential visits following the June 2015 beach attack, which killed 38 people, including 30 British tourists.
Thomas Cook said safety was its “first priority” in its sales to customers.
Earlier on this year we posted our security outlook for Tunisia. In it we highlight the challenges Tunisia faces and also pointed out how far Tunisian Security Forces have come since the 2015 Sousse Attack.
Thomas Cook…cautiously optimistic
Carol MacKenzie, Thomas Cook’s head of customer welfare, said the firm followed government advice on where it offered flights and holidays, since “they are the experts in security”.
But she said holidaymakers had been asking when Tunisia resorts would be back on sale.
“We also listen to our customers in where they want to go on holiday,” she said.
“Taking your loved ones anywhere is a serious decision and ultimately of course it’s up to you where you choose to go on holiday,” she added.
Source: BBC (Aug 22, 2017)-http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41017664