“Empowering Expats/Travelers with relevant security information.”
March 11th, 2016
Spring time is usually the most beautiful time of year in Tunisia. Currently, Tunisia is experiencing a wide range of security challenges including the developing situation in Ben Gardane and various other threats. Below are some guidelines & information you should consider if you plan on touring Tunisia during the Spring Break.
Latest Security Analysis Video
- Advise against ALL travel to:
- Chaambi Mountain National Park area.
- Tunisia-Algeria border crossing points at Ghardimaou, Hazoua and Sakiet Sidi Youssef.
- Militarized zone south of, but not including, the towns of El Borma and Dhehiba.
- The Libyan border area from north of Dhehiba + Ras Ajdir border crossing.
- Exercise HIGH security awareness within the rest of Tunisia.
Practical Security INFO
- Pre-plan as much as possible (reach out to respectable tour operators/read reviews; etc.).
- Ensure you have all your vehicle paperwork in order.
- Keep up to date with developments.
- Avoid all protests.
- Police Emergency: 197 | Fire Department: 198 | More Useful Numbers
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. Citizens is 71 107 000.
@DavidSecurity | Feel free to leave in your comments/ questions.
Have a security/safety question? Let us know…