Tunisia Security Update Podcast 3
Click on the link to listen:
- The Associated Press has reported that Tunisia is extending a state of emergency…It is the seventh time the measure has been extended since January 2011…the positive news is that this time it was only for one month.
- The decision was taken following a noticeable improvement of the security situation.
- Associated Press article does a good job of describing the various challenges that face this new democracy: “unexpected threat that has emerged:…namely the “increasing boldness of ultra conservative Muslims known loosely as Salafis, who want to turn this North African country of 10 million into a strict Islamic state.”
- We will definitely have to be more aware of subtle changes as we get ready for 2 important events:
- The release of the constitution which is scheduled for October 23 of this year.
- New elections scheduled for 20 March 2013.
Much more on the Podcast…
Feel free to send us your feedback and remember that we can share good information with the wider Expat community through our various communication outlets…